Work Location: Baghdad – Iraq
You should have at least 5 years of experience in cost controlling
- Developing and maintaining a system of internal cost controls for managing the Food & Beverage resources, Operating Equipment, and Fixed Assets in accordance with the company guidelines that function in an orderly and efficient manner, ensure adherence to the company policies, safeguard resources, and secure as far as possible the completeness and accuracy of records
- Managing closing of books and preparation of Cost Control Reports as per Company Standards
- Working closely with Finance & F&B Kitchen team in order to make sure all standard and verified receipts are set.
- Studying, maintaining & updating receipts in the system and making sure they are implemented accurately.
- Analyzing & interpret financial reports, identifying trends, and making recommendations where necessary
- Developing and maintaining the FBM cost-related database adequately. Supervise the input and handling of financial/reference data for these Systems
- Managing the Cost Control team and ensuring that they are adequately trained and performance is up to the standards
- Reviewing and evaluating the efficiency of Food & Beverage Kitchens by developing a system of standard costing for production items, standard yields, and other means necessary
- Auditing stock consumption for misuse or deviations from standard costs
- Organizing bi-annual Operating Equipment inventory in coordination with relevant departments
- Developing and maintaining manual and computer filing systems and ensuring that the files are properly named, catalogued and access is available for authorized persons only
- Controlling the efficiency of cost-related functionality of the Kitchen, Showrooms, and Restaurants in terms of wastage, and pilferage.
- Preparing variance analysis for food & beverage cost-related matters and communicating with relevant parties.
- Checking and verifying systems transactions/operations (POS, discounts, staff meals, settlements, lost postings, pricing…etc.)
- Checking the cost of sales and ensuring that costs are within budget.
- Continuously studying the cost-related weaknesses and providing suggestions for improvements.
- Preparing and submitting daily/monthly Food and Beverage cost-related reports.
- Conducting surprise spot checks of receipts implementations.
- Checking and ensuring that no material is issued out from the stores without requisition or approval according to the company policies.
- Counting, weighing, or measuring items of incoming orders in order to verify information against invoices, orders, bills, or other records
- Examining and unpacking incoming orders to ensure they meet specifications; recording shortages and rejecting damaged items.
- Responsible for monitoring the returns process
- Sorting, counting, identifying, verifying, and tracking all material against invoices, orders, bills, or other records
- Performing regular material warehouse & stores audits to ensure that material is undamaged and maintained neatly throughout the stores
- Advising the higher management of cycle count issues on a timely basis
- Ensuring that all documents and materials received in the stores or directly delivered to operation are of satisfactory quality
- Operating in a safe and environmentally friendly way to protect health and safety, as well as protect and conserve the environment
Ensuring that the workspace is organized, safe and clean, and away from any kind of hazards. Industry
- Finance – F&B Cost Controller
Job Category: Management
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Baghdad
Job Code: JC0123
Notice Period: Immediately Needed